Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Embossing on Foil

I've been looking for something new to do for a while and finally found it!  It's embossing on foil - yes, plain old aluminum foil.
This technique can be used in so many ways - I've just started my explorations!

I started with patterned paper, since I'm not really artistic, just crafty.  I applied a hefty amount of heavy tacky glue to the pattern parts I wanted and let it dry overnight.

Then I glued down the foil, plain old aluminum foil.  Using cotton swabs, I rubbed all over the design to bring up the raised glue underneath.  Then I applied either shoe polish (the brown designs above) or sharpie marker.  Rubbing again with cotton swabs removed most of the polish or marker, but left just enough for contrast. 

 
All the other card elements - card base, lettered tags, ladybugs, etc - were made with my Pazzles Inspiration. 
 
Keep an eye on this site to see what emerges in the future!  I'm just starting with this technique and can't wait to try new things with it.  I like what I've achieved so far, but I envision so many possibilities

No comments:

Post a Comment