Sunday, July 6, 2014

Something New - Printed Backgrounds

Designing a card takes a lot of planning - what elements will be included, where will they go, what paper will be used, will there be any popped pieces, etc, etc, etc!  Pazzles makes all this fairly easy with their Library of images and the software allows you to set up a card exactly as it will look cut.  But since I just signed up with GraphicStock, I've found a lot of backgrounds that are really cute and I decided to see if I could use them in place of all the other pieces that go on a card.  Here's what I mean:

 
Instead of cutting out grass, flowers, sun and clouds I found this background.  I still did the baby and carriage in the usual print & cut method and I put the background in the Pazzles Inspiration to get the text on it.  This card was put together quickly!

 
And here I could have done print & cut on the turtle but then I'd be left with the need to fill the rest of the space.  Very easy to just plop the background in the machine for the text!
 
I think I'll be doing more of this type - maybe next time it won't be a cute or funny card!

No comments:

Post a Comment