Saturday, February 1, 2014

Embellishing Embossed Foil Cards

Still  having lots of fun with the foil embossing.  I decided that I needed to add some embellishment to the cards.  This is a set of animal cards - I still have more to complete.


Some simple borders add a lot of punch.  I cut these out on my Pazzles Inspiration. 


It took me 3 tries to get a border I liked for the bear.  Started off with a pine tree on the right, then some leaves, but I didn't like the effect.  Finally thought of the paw prints and I like that.  The frog border is a portion of the Tropical Leaf from the Pazzles Library.
 

 
For the dolphin, I found a great wave in the Library.  I just welded it to the border of 2 boxes that are 1/2-inch different in size.  I remembered a very pretty line drawing of a hummingbird and ungrouped it and used just the flower for the lower card.  Since the design is very delicate, I chose to use it as a cutout instead of a border embellishment. 


And finally, my favorite 2 of this set.  I didn't really like the turtle before I colored it, but it turned out to be one of my faves.  And I knew the duck would look great in the foil.  I also love the cattails.
 
I'm planning cards with flowers and a set of birds next.  I'll be trying something new with those as well.
 
Hope you enjoyed these cards.  Please feel free to leave me a message!



No comments:

Post a Comment