Sunday, February 23, 2014

Revisiting Some Old Cards

Sometimes, I like a card so much that once it sells, I want to make it again.  And sometimes, I don't like it enough that I want to re-do it.  This weekend was spent making lots of old designs.
 
I keep looking for ways to use the embossed foils - here's another example.  The original card was portrait and I felt that if I turned it landscape, it would leave more room to the left of the sentiment and balance the card better.  Below is the original card:
 

 

 
The first time I created this card I didn't like it.  So I changed it!  A lot!

Below is the original card.  The colors just didn't pop, the scallop was too large, the font was too wishy-washy, the flowers too simple, the leaves too pale.  I really like the orange and green color scheme of the new card.  I'd love to see a section in the Pazzles Craftroom where we can get advise from the pros on how to make a better design, but have it be a forum as well.  I haven't taken advantage yet of the Designer Chat - hard to do when I craft on the weekends.


And this is one of my favorite designs.
 
 The first card I made actually got sold before I took a picture of it.  Here's the second one:
I must have something against yellow - you'll seldom find a card of mine that is mostly yellow!  I might still need to redesign this card so there is room for the ribbon on the left.  I didn't include a ribbon on the new card except on the left side of the tag - I like the rounded corners to show.
 
Please leave me a message if you have any suggestions for creative designs or just a critique of these cards.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment