Sunday, April 13, 2014

Playing with Prima Chalk Inks

Recently, I was lucky enough to win a huge set of Prima Chalk Ink Edgers. 

They are wonderful.  I have a couple of others from another company and they are terrible in comparison.  I've been working with the inkers and looking online for ideas and here's a few things I've created:
 I simply edged the sentiment card to make it stand out.

This one has the inking on the edges of the tissue paper flower.


  For a little interest, I dragged the inker across the sentiment card while blocking the sentiment itself.

Here I cut some flower shapes on my Pazzles Inspiration and colored the whole shape with the inkers, then shaded and edged the flowers with red.

 
 
This card originally had rainboots and a puddle, but while looking for cards to ink, I thought up a new design.  I had seen clouds done like this online and had to try it.
 

And finally, my favorite!  Using a Pazzles Library file for the rose, I cut out the background as well as all the pieces of the rose.  Then I went to town with the inkers.  There are 3 colors for each rose petal and well as the leaves.  And I didn't have a matching ribbon, so I inked one!  It turned out wonderful and I'm very happy with the result.  I'll be looking for more cards to ink!

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Your rose card is drop dead gorgeous! Fabulous Inking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michelle! I just love those chalk inks - I don't know how I lived without them before winning them from YOU! I use them every time I make cards.

      Delete