Saturday, October 29, 2016

Coloring - Not Just for Kids Anymore

While waiting for my shoulder to heal from surgery, I pulled out an old set of colored pencils.  I found a ton of drawings online and concentrated on flowers (since I like flowers!).



 




Then I discovered Gamsol, odorless mineral spirits.  It works with the pigment in the pencils and with a blending stump (tightly rolled paper), you can move the pigment!  You can spread it or blend it with another color.  The results are amazing!  This iris was my first attempt at using the Gamsol.  I'm in LOVE!
 




 
I hope this will inspire you to rediscover your colored pencils and get online to find something to color.  Google "coloring pages" to get started.  Or if you have a more artistic bent than me, draw something to color.  Above all, have fun and get creative!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment