Saturday, September 6, 2014

Still Seeing Flowers!

 
It may be the end of summer, but I'm still seeing flowers.  This week I spent TV time making paper flowers.  Unfortunately, I only know 2 methods without my cutter, but I sure do love them.
Here are some of the flowers I made. 
 
 
The ruffles flowers are 6 layers of small circles.  Poke a hole in the center of the stack of circles and push a brad through.  Then start crumpling the paper around the brad, layer by layer.  When all the layers are crumpled, loosen the layers with your thumbs and stop when you like the shape.  The others are a strip of paper cut perpendicular to the length, then snipped almost to the edge.  Roll around and glue every once in a while and glue the end.  They make a nice splash on the card.
 

This lotus is cut on the Pazzles Inspiration.  Two flower shapes are layered and the edges inked.  A small circle is clipped to create a fringe in the center.  Then I added a small pearl.
 

These flowers are similar to the lotus flower, just a slightly different shape.  Again, 2 layers of petals and a pearl in the center. 
 
 
To get the flat paper to take a curl, I followed the video on the Pazzles Craftroom.  Using a foam pad or an old, soft mouse pad, and a ballpoint embossing tool, rub the petals in small circles on the pad.  In a short time, the paper will curl right up.
 
If you know of other ways to make paper flowers, leave me a comment.  I always love to learn new things.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment