Saturday, August 16, 2014

To Everything A Season

In my twenties, I attended weddings and baby showers.  In my thirties, it was graduations and housewarmings.  The forties were surprise birthday parties and surprise baby showers!  Now comes the season of
RETIREMENT PARTIES!
 
 
So the time has come to expand my selection of Retirement cards.  Hard to be happy and funny when the people you've worked with for decades and lived with 9 hours a day are leaving. 

 
Oh, sure, we'll get together and have lunch or maybe a reunion party once a year, but it's not going to be the same anymore. 

 
Yes, they will be footloose and fancy free, but I'll still be chained to my desk with all the Youngsters!  Don't get me wrong.  I like them plenty - but it just won't be the same.

 
Bring up the Beatles in a musical reference and you get blank looks!  Talk about how we used to file our nails so we could type on a typewriter (huh?) or how we used to spend hours uncurling the phone cord (phones had a cord?).  Playing records on the phonograph and black and white TV - well, I must be talking in another language.


 
Waaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!  Now I'm going to be the Old Lady!
 

2 comments:

  1. Love the retirement cards! Especially the bike one. The detail you put into your cards is just amazing Bev.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leslie, I think sometimes I'm just crazy! The front wheel on that little bike actually turns - that card took up 3 hours! Thank you!

      Delete